OW LEE OUTDOOR FURNITURE CARE & MAINTENANCE
Metal Frame Maintenance
OW Lee metal furniture is designed to require minimum maintenance. Metal frames should be kept clean. Do not let dirt build up on the metal frames. Cleaning with mild soap and water, and seasonal touch-up of any scratches, chips or occasional rust seepage from crevices or hidden, unfinishable surfaces inherent in some ornate designs is all that is required. Touch-up pens in matching frame colors are available through your retail dealer. Never leave furniture standing in water. To keep your furniture looking its best, you may wish to store or cover your furniture when not in use for an extended period of time.
OW Lee uses quality 100% solution dyed acrylics or acrylic/polyester blended fabrics, and only the finest outdoor foam and fiber fillings. Fabrics have been treated to resist stains and water before leaving the factory. Regular cleaning with mild soap and water using a sponge or soft scrub brush is all that is required.
Faux Stone Tops
Faux Stone tabletops are made from non-porous materials and are easily cleaned with soap and water. On a regular basis, use a mild soap and soft rag to scrub the surface and rinse with clean water.
Natural Stone Tops
All OW Lee natural stone table tops, which includes Tumbled Marble, Polished Marble and Granite, are treated at the factory with an impregnating sealer that penetrates deep into the porous surface providing a long lasting barrier that locks out oils, water, stains and dirt.
• Spills should be wiped up quickly to avoid any staining on the surface. Regular cleaning with mild soap and water with a sponge or soft scrub brush is all that is required.
• Resealing of your tabletop may be required under extremely heavy use (restaurant or commercial application) after 1 or 2 years. Regular residential use should not require resealing for at least 2 to 4 years.
• Natural stone tops will fade in direct sunlight over time. This fading is a natural process and will be more noticeable on brightly colored stones and polished marble.
• Stone tops may be re-polished professionally, and always require resealing after polishing
• Storing your natural stone top(s) when not in use for extended periods of time is recommended.
Hammered Copper Table Tops
• Use only light hand soap and water to clean regularly. We recommend non-alkaline hand soap.
• Do not use an abrasive pad or scrub profusely when cleaning. Copper is a relatively soft metal and will scratch or mar if too much force is used when cleaning. We recommend softly cleaning with a cotton wash cloth or rag.
• Use coasters and placemats when enjoying the Hammered Copper Table Top. Acids in soft drinks, beer, or any number of beverages may interact with the patina coating. The same is true for a variety of foods.
• We recommend you keep the table top dry. Continued exposure to water, i.e. repeated exposure to sprinklers or rain may cause the top to oxidize, creating a greenish patina. We also recommend you keep your top covered when not in use or keep under a covered patio.
• If your top is scratched or comes into contact with an acid, a shiny spot of bare copper may appear. The spot will eventually age back to the original dark brown finish over time
Touch up paint, insert glides, glass, cushions and replacement tops for OW Lee furniture are all available on request.